Monday, September 5, 2011

Working Holiday Visa


This post should be done since a month ago. But it's pending till now due to I do not have much blogging mood. 


Have you ever heard of working holiday visa? I know about this from my Mr.Tang, but I know more about this from a friend I know during my holiday part time job, Natalie. 
She's going to Australia next coming week if I'm not mistaken and she just came back from New Zealand. She is the one who encouraged me to take working holiday visa to Australia and New Zealand. She told me that we only have the chance before 30 years old. And she's 29 years old this year. But she never give up the chance to widen her knowledge and vision.


I've done some research on working holiday visa. For your information (in case if you don't know, as a Malaysian, we're only allowed to have our working-holiday life in New Zealand and Australia. 
Below is the main information, if you want for further information, u can just simply google it up =)

For New Zealand, 
This scheme allows 1,150 young citizens of Malaysia annually:
  • have a Malaysian passport that‘s valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
  • be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
  • not bring children with you
  • hold a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket*
  • have a minimum of NZ$2,250 available funds to meet your living costs while you’re here
  • meet our health and character requirements
  • be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
  • not have been approved a visa under a Working Holiday Scheme before.


For Australia, 
Eligibility
You may be eligible for a Work and Holiday visa if you:
  • are aged 18 to 30 years (inclusive) on the date you apply 
  • hold a passport from Malaysia 
  • have a letter of good conduct from your government 
  • have not previously held a Working Holiday (subclass 417) or Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa
Education Requirements
You must hold a degree, or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate university study.
English Language Requirements
You must provide documentary evidence of your English level when you lodge your visa application. You must provide evidence that you have done one of the following:
  • Achieved an IELTS average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening in a test conducted no more than two (2) years before lodging the visa application. For visa purposes you only need to sit the General Training Module, or
  • Achieved a TOEFL score of 133 on a computer based test, or 450 on a paper based test or 45-46 on an internet-based test, no more than two (2) years before lodging the visa application, or
  • Passed the Occupational English Test no more than two (2) years before lodging the visa application, or 
  • Completed all years of primary education and at least three (3) years of secondary education at an educational institution in which all instruction was conducted in English, or 
  • Completed at least five (5) years of secondary education (high school) at an educational institution in which all instruction was conducted in English, or
  • Completed a post-secondary qualification that required at least two (2)years of full-time study or training, in which all tuition was in English, or 
  • Successfully completed, in Australia, at least one (1) year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma or associate diploma at an institution or institutions where all the instruction was conducted in English
Evidence of Funds
You must provide a certified copy of a bank statement showing you have access to appropriate funds, generally at least AUD$5,000 to support the initial stage of your holiday. This amount will vary depending on your proposed length of stay and the extent of your travel.
You must also provide evidence of a return or onward ticket or the funds for a fare to leave Australia.




I really wish to have it once in my life. 
I told my mummy about this, I know she's worry about me.
I told my boyfriend about this too, he seems like not letting me go. Because he think that I'm not independent and stupid enough. >.<


Well, I still have some times to think about it and ask for more opinion. 
But, It's in my wishlist now. ^^ 




It's a long boring post I know. But just wanna jot down so I will not forget this. LOL


WORKING-HOLIDAY VISA!!!!

3 comments:

  1. then you never plan wanna do this ohh?? u seems like like to travel and do some adventures..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... i prefer waiting for my friends to organize trip ^^

    ReplyDelete